Developed with support from the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) for the Region 11 K-12 Student Mental Health Initiative, these no-cost, self-paced course modules are designed for teachers, administrators, nurses, district and school mental health professionals. Additionally, all school site personnel are encouraged to take any or all of the Youth Suicide Prevention and Student Mental Wellness course modules as a means to better understand this serious societal issue.
It is recommended that one of the following modules be completed prior to exploring the subject specific modules:
- 600: Introduction to Suicide Prevention Programs for Teachers
- 601: Introduction to Suicide Prevention Programs for Administrators
- 602: Introduction to Suicide Prevention Programs for School Mental Health Professionals
Subject Specific Modules:
- 610: Introduction to Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI) and Suicide Prevention Programs for Educators
- 620: Introduction to Cyberbullying Prevention Programs for Educators
- 630: Introduction to Bullying Prevention Programs for Educators
- 640: Introduction to Depression and Suicide Prevention Programs for Educators
- 650: Model Practices – Working with LGBTQ Students
These courses were prepared by the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) Center for Distance and Online Learning (CDOL), and funded through the California Mental Health Authority (CalMHSA) and the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) through the Region 11 K-12 Student Mental Health Initiative (SMHI).
The information provided through these courses should be used strictly for educational and informational research purposes. This course is not intended to endorse any particular program, but rather to provide information and links to school-based programs and research related to student mental health.
NOTE: These no-cost, self-paced courses are not eligible for salary points and/or graduate credits.